The Governing Council is a very important body within the school. It is a representative body of the parents and staff and works for the welfare of the whole school community.
- Generally oversees the well being of the school
- Advises the Principal on the needs of the school as seen by the parents and the community
- Notes the facilities and equipment within the school and advises the Principal of changes which considers necessary
- Gives consideration to the school's general education policy, and advises the Principal on the school community's considered view of developments within the school
- Advises the Principal on the distribution of Government Grants
- Is actively involved in fundraising - Is an integral part of the decision-making process within the school
- Has a committee structure to carefully investigate and implement change (ie Grounds, Finance, Fundraising, and Sports).
The Annual General Meeting of the Governing Council is held in mid February. All parents are invited to attend. Council meets twice a term.
The Governing Council represents the parent point of view. If you have anything you want raised please advise a member of Council or the Principal.
Governing Council 2020:
|Vice Chairperson:||Jason Lukacs|
|Community Rep:||Jenni Ruhe, Joddi Harris, Steven Vlassco|
|Download||File Size||File Type|
|Link to Role of School Governing Council|