Cadell is a small town situated on the River Murray approximately 180 km from Adelaide. The school was first established at a temporary site in 1922 and moved to its current site in 1924. The student population is drawn from the township and fruit growing families. Enrolments have fluctuated over the years and reached a peak of just over 100 in the 1960's.
At Cadell Primary we have a strong focus on Literacy and Numeracy and use various resources to enable the establishment of 2 very small classes in these areas each morning, thus offering both learning support and accelerated learning programmes.